Staying healthy while traveling can be hard. While on the go, it’s easy to reach for quick comfort foods like chocolate, candy, fries, and burgers. (I love indulging in a good burger. Daniel Boulud version with foie gras… to die for!) But these fatty foods can do a number on your health. Since I do a lot of traveling, I have to be careful not to fall into the fast food trap. Here are some of my favorite ways to eat healthy while trotting the globe:
While in the air:
- Drink a lot of water. Staying hydrated is key!
- Order tomato juice during your flight. It’s a much better choice than soda.
- No coffee or alcohol for you! If you must drink, one glass of wine with dinner is the way to go.
- Pack healthy in-flight snacks, such as granola or protein bars and veggie chips.
While on the concourse:
- Make fruit salads and yogurts your first pick.
- If your airport has a Starbucks, their egg white spinach and feta wrap is a great healthy food option.
- Whatever you do, don’t be fooled by salads at fast food restaurants. They seem healthy but are packed with sodium and fat!
With a little bit of foresight and planning, maintaining your fashionista figure while on the go is a cinch!