Why read Serial Indulgence?
People relish their vacations. They give us an escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and let us focus on our often-forgotten selves for a bit. But, if you’re like most of us, these get-aways come too few and too far between. In the meantime, we need a little something to look forward to, a little something to keep the skip in our step and a smile on our face. That’s where indulgences come in. Whether they are simple or grandiose, indulgences are our mini vacations when work or money constraints won’t allow the real thing. So go ahead! Take that extra scoop of ice cream, watch your guilty pleasure TV show, and perhaps sneak a peak at your favorite blog during your work day (would that be Serial Indulgence by any chance? ;D)! Whatever your indulgence of choice, revel in it! Remember, this is your much needed and much deserved “me time.”
What is Serial Indulgence about?
An indulgence is any luxury in life. It doesn’t need to be terribly lavish or expensive. The only requirement it needs to meet is making you feel good. On Serial Indulgence, I will share with you stories of the ways I find to spoil myself and enjoy life to its fullest. I hope that my blog will inspire you to try out some new indulgences of your own and help you find luxury in life, even in the smallest of ways. Let the pampering begin!
Where did the name come from?
A little flip through the dictionary can help us answer this question in a jiffy.
- anything published, broadcast, etc., in short installments at regular intervals, as a novel appearing in successive issues of a magazine.
- published in installments or successive parts.
- pertaining to such publication.
- of, pertaining to, consisting of, or occurring in a series rather than simultaneously.
- effecting or producing a series; sequential.
noun, verb, -genced, -genc·ing.
- the act or practice of indulging; gratification of desire.
- the state of being indulgent.
- something indulged in.
So not only is this blog a published pleasure that comes to you in regular installments, but one that you can (and I highly encourage you to!) indulge in again and again. Double entendres, you gotta love them!
Promises to our Readers
Our readers’ trust is very important to me, which is why I feel it’s necessary to make a few promises to you from the get-go concerning the products and services I endorse on my blog.
- I promise not promote merchandise and services that are, to the best of my knowledge, dangerous or hazardous to my readers’ health.
- I won’t endorse a product or a service that I haven’t used myself.
- Everything that I promote will meet my standards for quality and satisfaction.
- Honesty is the best policy in my book, so I will always give truthful accounts of my experiences with what I recommend.
- I will not exaggerate or make false claims in my promotions.
- I will give my readers the same consideration that I would expect to receive when being recommended a product or a service.
- I will only endorse commodities that I am truly interested in.
- And finally, I promise to promote products and services that will constantly make you look forward to spoiling yourself. So get ready to be pampered!