Here’s a easy and super healthy recipe packed with tons of nutrients.
Who said dieting has to be boring?
- 1-1/4 pounds of fresh beets
- 1 tablespoon of Red Wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of Sweet & Spicy mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 5 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 2 ounces of fresh, crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped, toasted almonds (or walnuts)
1. Place beets into a saucepan, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool, then cut in to cubes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until blended.
3. Place spinach in salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
4. Top with beets, goat cheese and almonds