The weather is getting chilly and what’s better then comfort food on a cold winter night.
One of my favorite dishes is this simple and delicious Mac & Cheese Recipe.
- 1 cup of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided in two
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Keep warm.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in salt, black pepper, ½ cup shredded cheese, and cooked pasta.
3. Spoon pasta mixture into a lightly greased 2-qt. baking dish; top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and sprinkle with parmesan and the bread-crumb topping.
4. Bake at 400° until topping is browned and cheese is bubbling (30-35 minutes).
Let’s sit for 10 mins before serving